E-mail & Phone Directory
If you wish to send an e-mail message to one of the monks listed below, then click on the appropriate name. If you wish to use a monk’s extension number, then dial the main switchboard number 815-223-3140 and dial the appropriate extension number after listening to the automated prompts. If you wish to bypass the automated prompts, then dial the monk’s direct phone number.
|Abbot Philip Davey (Vocations Director)||815-250-0341||298|
|Prior Michael Calhoun||815-250-0702||237|
|Subprior Dominic Garramone||815-250-0708||246|
|Father Ronald Margherio||815-250-0286||238|
|Brother George Matsuoka||815-250-0278||269|
|Father Harold Datzman||815-223-0718||226|
|Brother Nathaniel Grossmann (Oblate Director)||815-250-0709||233|
|Father Patrick Fennell (Candle maker & Guest master)||815-250-0705||207|
|Brother Luke McLachlan||815-250-0280||245|
|Brother Robert Pondant (Currently away)||815-250-0282||259|
|Father Gregory Jarzombek||815-250-0277||235|
|Brother David Freeman||815-250-0706||278|
|Brother Markus Dicosola||815-250-0281||280|
St. Bede Abbey
24 West U.S. Hwy Six
Peru, IL 61354
- If you are traveling on Interstate 80 West, then one uses Exit 75, marked Illinois 251/Mendota-Peru
- At the top of the exit ramp, turn LEFT.
- You will be heading SOUTH on Route 251. You will remain on this road for about three miles going STRAIGHT at four stop lights.
- Get into the right-hand lane after the second stop light.
- Shortly after the fourth stop light is the exit for Route Six WEST/Spring Valley. The right-hand lane becomes the exit for Route Six.
- At the top of the exit ramp, merge LEFT into traffic on Route Six.
- Follow this road going straight at 2 sets of stoplights.
- At the third set of stoplights, turn LEFT into St. Bede.
- If one is traveling on Interstate 80 East, then one uses Exit 75, marked Illinois 251/Mendota-Peru. At the top of the exit ramp, turn RIGHT and follow the directions given for one who is traveling on Interstate 80 West.